Soup is a primarily liquid food, generally served warm, that is made by combining ingredients of meat or vegetables with stock, or water. Soups are healthy recipes that are also great for the ketogenic diet. There are many keto soups recipes that you can enjoy on a ketogenic diet.
Asparagus And Mushroom Soup (Keto & Low Carb)
This is another great keto soup recipe that you can enjoy on a ketogenic diet. This asparagus and mushroom soup recipe has 170 calories and only 7 grams of net carb.
Asparagus And Mushroom Soup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound asparagus trimmed and chopped
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped tarragon
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a stockpot and add the onion.
- Sauté the onion until browned, then stir in the garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Stir in the asparagus and mushrooms, then sauté for 4 minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable broth along with the spinach and tarragon.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes on medium- low heat.
- Remove from heat, then stir in the cream, lemon juice, and parsley.
- Cover and let rest for 20 minutes, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Info (Per Serving):
- 170 calories
- 10.5g fat
- 10g protein
- 11g carbs
- 4g fiber
- 7g net carbs