Soup is a primarily liquid food, generally served warm, that is made by combining ingredients of meat or vegetables with stock, or water. Soups are healthy recipes that are also great for the ketogenic diet. There are many keto soups recipes that you can enjoy on a ketogenic diet.
Thai Coconut Shrimp Soup (Keto & Low Carb)
This Thai coconut shrimp soup is great to add to your keto diet. With 375 calories and only 9.5 grams of net carbs, it is perfect for a ketogenic diet.
Thai Coconut Shrimp Soup
Rate this Recipe:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 1 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- 6 ounces uncooked shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 small red onion sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Heat the coconut oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the yellow onions and sauté until translucent, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken broth, coconut milk, cilantro, and jalapeno.
- Add the ginger, garlic, and lime zest then bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes - strain the mixture and discard the solids.
- Return the remaining liquid to the saucepan and add the shrimp, mushrooms, and red onion.
- Stir in the lime juice and fish sauce then simmer for 10 minutes. Serve hot.
Nutrition Info (Per Serving):
- 375 calories
- 29.5g fat
- 18g protein
- 13g carbs
- 3.5g fiber
- 9.5g net carbs
Leave a Reply