Beef bourguignon is the recipe that is made with beef. The beef stew is braised in red wine and beef stock and is flavored with carrots, onions, and garlic. We have added this tasty recipe to our keto diet meal plan so you can enjoy this recipe as well on your low carb ketogenic diet.
Slow Cooker Keto Beef Bourguignon (Keto & Low Carb)
This Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon is good for people on a keto diet due to its lower net carbs and a high amount of protein.
Keto Beef Bourguignon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast cut into chunks
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ½ cup beef broth
- 2 cups red wine dry
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 pound mushrooms sliced
- 1 large yellow onion cut into chunks
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the beef with salt and pepper, then toss with almond flour.
- Add the beef to the skillet and cook until browned on all sides then transfer to a slow cooker.
- Reheat the skillet over medium-high heat, then pour in the broth.
- Scrape up the browned bits, then whisk in the wine and tomato paste.
- Bring to a boil, then pour into the slow cooker.
- Add the mushrooms and onion, then stir everything together.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 4 hours until the meat is very tender. Serve hot.
Nutrition Info (Per Serving):
- 335 calories
- 12.5g fat
- 37.5g protein
- 6.5g carbs
- 1.5g fiber
- 5g net carbs