Shrimp are smaller marine species that are eaten in varieties of recipes. There are hundreds of recipes available to eat shrimps. Coconut shrimp is prepared using shrimp and coconut as primary ingredients. You can enjoy shrimp on your keto diet with our keto shrimp recipes.
Fried Coconut Shrimp with Asparagus (Keto & Low Carb)
Fried Coconut Shrimp with Asparagus is good to eat on the ketogenic diet as it only has 8 grams of net carbs.
Fried Coconut Shrimp with Asparagus
- 1 ½ cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 large eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 ½ pounds large shrimp peeled and deveined
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- 1 pound asparagus cut into 2-inch pieces
- Pour the coconut into a shallow dish.
- Beat the eggs with some salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Dip the shrimp first in the egg, then dredge with coconut.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp and fry for 1 to 2 minutes on each side until browned.
- Remove the shrimp to paper towels and reheat the skillet.
- Add the asparagus and season with salt and pepper – sauté until tender- crisp, then serve with the shrimp.
Nutrition Info (Per Serving):
- 535 calories
- 38.5g fat
- 29.5g protein
- 18g carbs
- 10g fiber
- 8g net carbs