Pesto is a sauce that originates from the city of Liguria, Italy. It consists of crushed garlic, European pine nuts, coarse salt, basil leaves, and hard cheese all blended with olive oil. Salmon is a common food fish that is classified as an oily fish with rich content of protein and omega-3 fatty acids. You can enjoy this tasty pesto and salmon recipe if you are on a ketogenic diet.
Grilled Pesto Salmon with Asparagus (Keto & Low Carb)
This Grilled Pesto Salmon with Asparagus is a good addition to your ketogenic diet as it only has 1 gram of net carbs.
Grilled Pesto Salmon with Asparagus
- 4 6-ounce boneless salmon fillets
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bunch asparagus ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup basil pesto
- Preheat a grill to high heat and oil the grates.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper, then spray with cooking spray.
- Grill the salmon for 4 to 5 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Toss the asparagus with oil and grill until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Spoon the pesto over the salmon and serve with the asparagus.
Nutrition Info (Per Serving):
- 300 calories
- 17.5g fat
- 34.5g protein
- 2.5g carbs
- 1.5g fiber
- 1g net carbs