Parmesan is an Italian hard cheese that is produced from cow’s milk and aged for 12–36 months. Halibut is the common name for two flatfish. Parmesan and halibut both can be eaten on the keto diet due to their lower content of carbohydrates.
Parmesan-Crusted Halibut with Asparagus
Try this yummy recipe during your keto diet meal plan.
Parmesan-Crusted Halibut With Asparagus
- 1 pound asparagus trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup butter softened
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 6-ounce boneless halibut fillets
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Toss the asparagus with olive oil and spread on the baking sheet.
- Combine the butter, parmesan cheese, almond flour, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place the fillets on the baking sheet with the asparagus and spoon the parmesan mixture over the fish.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, then broil for 2 to 3 minutes until browned.
Nutrition Info (Per Serving):
- 415 calories
- 26g fat
- 42g protein
- 6g carbs
- 3g fiber
- 3g net carbs