Pot roast is a popular beef dish that is made by slow-cooking a usually tough cut of beef in moist heat, sometimes with vegetables. Tougher cuts such as chuck steak, bottom round, and short ribs are preferred for this recipe. You can enjoy this tasty recipe if you are on a low carb ketogenic diet.
Slow-Cooker Pot Roast with Green Beans (Keto & Low Carb)
This Slow-Cooker Pot Roast with Green Beans is a great addition to your keto diet meal plan due to its lower amount of net carbs and higher amount of protein.
Slow-Cooker Pot Roast with Green Beans
Rate this Recipe:
- 2 medium stalks celery sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1 3-pound boneless beef chuck roast
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups green beans trimmed
- 2 tablespoons cold butter chopped
- Combine the celery and onion in a slow cooker.
- Place the roast on top and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Whisk together the beef broth and Worcestershire sauce then pour it in.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8 hours until the beef is very tender.
- Remove the beef to a cutting board and cut into chunks.
- Return the beef to the slow cooker and add the beans and chopped butter.
- Cover and cook on high for 20 to 30 minutes until the beans are tender.
Nutrition Info (Per Serving):
- 375 calories
- 13.5g fat
- 53g protein
- 6g carbs
- 2g fiber
- 4g net carbs
Leave a Reply