A sandwich is a food typically consisting of meat, vegetables, or sliced cheese placed on or between slices of bread. A sandwich is more generally any dish wherein bread serves as a container or wrapper for another food type. The sandwich began as portable finger food in the Western world, but now it has become prevalent worldwide. People like to eat sandwiches as a snack or as a main course. You can enjoy our keto sandwiches recipes if you are on a ketogenic diet.
Provolone And Ham Sandwich (Keto & Low Carb)
This provolone and ham sandwich is a good option for keto and low carb diet. If you are on a keto or paleo diet, then this high protein and low carb sandwich option is a great choice for you.
Provolone And Ham Sandwich
- 1 large egg separated
- Pinch cream of tartar
- Pinch salt
- 1 ounce cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup shredded provolone cheese
- 3 ounces sliced ham
- For the bread, preheat the oven to 300°F and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar and salt until soft peaks
- Whisk the cream cheese and egg yolk until smooth and pale
- Fold in the egg whites a little at a time until smooth and well
- Spoon the batter onto the baking sheet into two even
- Bake for 25 minutes until firm and lightly
- Spread the butter on one side of each bread circle then place one in a preheated skillet over medium
- Sprinkle with cheese and add the sliced ham then top with the other bread circle, butter-side-up.
- Cook the sandwich for a minute or two then carefully flip it
- Let it cook until the cheese is melted then serve
Nutrition Info Per Serving:
4g net carbs