A chicken nugget is a chicken product made from chicken meat that is breaded or battered, then deep-fried or baked. Chicken nuggets were invented in the 1950s, and now have become a popular fast food restaurant item, as well as widely sold frozen. Here is good news for keto lovers, you can enjoy this delicious recipe if you are on a ketogenic diet.
Baked Chicken Nuggets (Keto & Low Carb)
This baked chicken nuggets recipe is a good addition to your keto diet. Low carb and high protein values in this recipe make it a perfect recipe for a ketogenic diet.
Baked Chicken Nuggets
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 pounds boneless chicken thighs cut into 2-inch chunks
- Salt and pepper
- 2 large eggs whisked well
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with
- Stir together the almond flour, chili powder, and paprika in a shallow
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then dip in the beaten
- Dredge the chicken pieces in the almond flour mixture, then arrange on the baking
- Bake for 20 minutes until browned and crisp. Serve hot.
Nutrition Info (per serving):
- 400 calories
- 26g fat
- 43g protein
- 2g carbs
- 1g fiber
- 1g net carbs