Soup is a primarily liquid food, generally served warm, that is made by combining ingredients of meat or vegetables with stock, or water. Soups are healthy recipes that are also great for the ketogenic diet. There are many keto soups recipes that you can enjoy on a ketogenic diet.
Spicy Sausage And Shrimp Soup (Keto & Low Carb)
This is yet another keto soup recipe with sausage and shrimps.
Spicy Sausage And Shrimp Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 small stalks celery diced
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 1 small red pepper chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- Salt and pepper
- 8 ounces chorizo sausage diced
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 12 ounces shrimp peeled and deveined
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Heat the oil in a heavy stockpot over medium-high heat.
- Add the celery, onion, and red pepper, and sauté for 6 to 8 minutes until tender.
- Stir in the garlic, tomato paste, and seasonings, then cook for 1 minute.
- Add the sausage and tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the broth, then bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning to taste then add the shrimp.
- Simmer until just cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Spoon into bowls and serve with fresh cilantro.
Nutrition Info (Per Serving):
- 465 calories
- 28.5g fat
- 39g protein
- 11.5g carbs
- 2g fiber
- 9.5g net carbs