Salads are your best friend during a low carb diet like a keto diet or paleo diet. Salads are good due to their higher amount of fiber and a lower amount of net carbs. There are many keto salads that you can enjoy if you are on a ketogenic and low card diet.
Spring Salad with Shaved Parmesan (Keto & Low Carb)
This spring salad with shaved parmesan is a great combination of fiber and protein to provide you exactly what your body needs during a keto diet.
Spring Salad with Shaved Parmesan
- 3 slices uncooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Liquid stevia extract to taste
- 4 ounces mixed spring greens
- ½ small red onion sliced thinly
- ⅓ cup roasted pine nuts
- ¼ cup shaved parmesan
- Cook the bacon in a skillet until crisp then remove to paper
- Reserve ¼ cup of bacon fat in the skillet, discarding the rest, then chop the bacon.
- Whisk the red wine vinegar and mustard into the bacon fat in the
- Season with salt and pepper, then sweeten with stevia to taste and let cool slightly.
- Combine the spring greens, red onion, pine nuts, and parmesan in a salad bowl.
- Toss with the dressing, then top with chopped bacon to serve.
Nutrition Info (Per Serving):
- 295 calories
- 25g fat
- 14.5g protein
- 6.5g carbs
- 3g fiber
- 3.5g net carbs