Flan or caramel custard is a custard dessert with a layer of clear caramel sauce. Coconut milk is one of the keto-friendly food that you can use on a ketogenic diet. Its low carbs content makes it ideal for a low-carb diet. Vanilla extract is used for flavoring a wide variety of foods like desserts, ice cream, cakes, sweets, and many more.
Vanilla Coconut Milk Flan (Keto & Low Carb)
Here is the recipe for Vanilla Coconut Milk Flan. This recipe is low carb, paleo-friendly, and keto-friendly. You can enjoy this delicious recipe on the ketogenic diet.
Vanilla Coconut Milk Flan
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup powdered erythritol
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pinch xanthan gum
- 2 large eggs
- ½ 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk together the heavy cream, milk, and erythritol in a saucepan then bring to a boil.
- Cook on medium-low heat until reduced by half – about 1 hour.
- Stir in the butter and xanthan gum, then remove from heat.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and grease 4 ramekins with butter or coconut oil.
- Beat the eggs until frothy, then beat in the cream mixture along with the coconut milk, shredded coconut, and vanilla.
- Adjust sweetness to taste, then divide among the four ramekins.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes until the tops of the flans are lightly browned.
- Cover with plastic and chill until ready to serve.
Nutrition Info (Per Serving):
- Calories: 260 kcal
- Fat: 25 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Carbs: 5.5 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Net Carbs: 4 g