A sandwich is a food typically consisting of meat, vegetables, or sliced cheese placed on or between slices of bread. A sandwich is more generally any dish wherein bread serves as a container or wrapper for another food type. The sandwich began as portable finger food in the Western world, but now it has become prevalent worldwide. People like to eat sandwiches as a snack or as a main course. You can enjoy our keto sandwiches recipes if you are on a ketogenic diet.
Bacon And Avocado Sandwich (Keto & Low Carb)
This bacon and avocado sandwich recipe is a low carb and high protein recipe that is perfect for people on a ketogenic diet.
Bacon And Avocado Sandwich
- 1 large egg separated
- Pinch cream of tartar
- Pinch salt
- 1 ounce cream cheese softened
- 2 slices uncooked bacon
- ¼ cup sliced avocado
- ¼ cup shredded lettuce
- 1 slice tomato
- For the bread, preheat the oven to 300°F and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar and salt until soft peaks
- Whisk the cream cheese and egg yolk until smooth and pale
- Fold in the egg whites a little at a time until smooth and well
- Spoon the batter onto the baking sheet into two even
- Bake for 25 minutes until firm and lightly
- Cook the bacon in a skillet until crisp, then drain on a paper
- Assemble the sandwich with the bacon, avocado, lettuce, and tomato.
Nutrition Info (Per Serving):
- 355 calories
- 30g fat
- 16.5g protein
- 5.5g carbs
- 2.5g fiber
- 3g net carbs