The sandwich began as portable finger food in the Western world, but now it has become prevalent worldwide. People like to eat sandwiches as a snack or as a main course. You can enjoy our keto sandwiches recipes if you are on a ketogenic diet.
Cheesy Chicken Sandwich (Keto & Low Carb)
Low carbs and high protein in this cheesy chicken sandwich make it a perfect choice for people on a ketogenic and low carb diet.
Cheesy Chicken Sandwich
- 1 large egg separated into white and yolk
- Pinch cream of tartar
- Pinch salt
- 1 ounce cream cheese softened
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast shredded
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 slice Swiss cheese
- For the bread, preheat the oven to 300°F and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar and salt until soft peaks form.
- Whisk the cream cheese and egg yolk until smooth and pale yellow.
- Fold in the egg whites a little at a time until smooth and well combined.
- Spoon the batter onto the baking sheet into two even circles.
- Bake for 25 minutes until firm and lightly browned.
- Shred the chicken into a bowl and toss with the hot sauce.
- Spoon the chicken onto one of the bread circles and top with cheese.
- Top with the other bread circle and enjoy.
Nutrition Info (Per Serving):
- 555 calories
- 33.5g fat
- 58g protein
- 3.5g carbs
- 0g fiber
- 3.5g net carbs